Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Remember when the Super Bowl was at the HHH Metrodome?

Ok, so actually I did not remember off the top of my head either when Minneapolis and the HHH Metrodome hosted the Super Bowl but I did some Dome Research and the memories started flooding back....

Super Bowl XXVI or the 1992 Super Bowl for those of you who don't speak roman numerals and football history was hosted at the HHH Metrodome. The Washington Redskins of the NFC took on the Bufallo Bills of the AFC, beating them 37-24. Despite being two of the highest scoring teams in the league, the game was sloppy and both teams went scoreless for a good part of the first half. The Halftime show was titled "Winter Magic" and highlighted the Winter Olympics from the year. Gloria Estefan performed with Brian Boitano and Dorothy Hamill.

For a real throwback to memory lane check out the top commercial from the 1992 Super Bowl at the HHH Metrodome:

1 comment:

B said...

I don't remember this commercial specifically but I do remember this series of Pepsi Commercials, I was bummed they didn't put anything up this year.