Monday, February 6, 2012

Yet Another Minnesota Vikings Stadium Plan


I don't know about you, but I have certainly lost count on how many Vikings Stadium plans are floating around... And yet, here is another:

The latest idea would build the stadium just east of the Metrodome on a parking lot. The new plan would, in theory, cut the time the Vikings would have to play at the University of Minnesota's TCF Bank.

Ted Mondale of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission Chairman says the plan could have a new stadium as much as three-fourths done before the Dome would have to be demolished.

I have yet to see an artistic rendering of this proposal, but Google Maps was able to provide me with a visual of the parking lot I assume is at the heart of the location. The lot is denoted by the letter 'A'. Just a guesstimate, but I am thinking three-fourths is an overestimation and that there is no way the new stadium could be 75% completed before the Dome is demolished.

However, I respect Mondale for his great salesmanship seeing as most people probably won't go to the trouble of researching like I did. What... a politician.

1 comment:

Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam said...

I love sports and games,at this time it's my desired to watch the games live in Chicago,for my enjoyment and fun with my friends,but i am looking for discount and an affordable tickets rates to join this sports game at this time in Chicago.